Friday, February 24, 2012

What's the best way to find cheap flights to Greece?

My sister and I are going to Greece this summer for a week and the flights are outrageously expensive flying out from Detroit to Athens right now! Should I wait until closer to the time we're leaving to get a better deal? I'm getting kind of frustrated in my search and could use some help!What's the best way to find cheap flights to Greece?
Book a flight to London, Berlin or Frankfurt. Then book a flight from any of the above to Athens. Easyjet and Aegean Air have great prices IF you book early. Just booked a flight from Frakfurt to Athens in May for 39 Euros, some $52.00

If you are flexible you can do it cheaper than the exorbitant fares nowadays.
Cheap Airline Tickets to Europe,US, Mexico, Caribbean, Canada %26amp; more.

Discount Up to 60%

We will find you the best travel deal.

write to email .

Report Abuse

What's the best way to find cheap flights to Greece?
There are very cheap flights from all Europe to Greece. Also from May to October there are even cheaper ones that are charter flights.If you could find a cheap flight from US to London or Germany for example you could then find a very cheap flight from there for sure.
I just booked my 8th trip ticket for Athens. Flying out of Memphis to Atlanta to Athens and paid about $400 usd more than I did the last 2 years. Think was about 1683. tax and all for my flight. Going in summer is the high season and its so much higher then than in early spring time. I have even flown early in year for as low as around $600 tax and all.

You should be able to get a direct flight from Detroit to London (I hate Heathrow though) and like the other one said then get a plane from there on into Athens.

Frankly, I just go on and book early because the later you try the less seats are going to be available for you. In fact a couple times I saw tickets for about 1500 usd but then you have about 3 layovers or there were no seats to be had.

I don't use JFK or London...JFK every time have been booked to go thru there I am stuck there due to weather or its cancelled all together. As for Heathrow, yeah they speak English but I spent hours trying to get pointed in right direction to flight center for another flight was cancelled so missed my connection out of London. NO one knew where to tell me to go!!!!! Also, they don't post gates until about 30 min before boarding time so then you run to find where you need to go......NO WAY will I deal with all that again.

Before I get bashed by ones from UK, its not the country am referring to but Heathrow. I'll take a 8 hr layover in Amsterdam airport any day over that.
Find a cheap flight to Europe (London, Frankfurt, Paris, etc) and then check the flight costs from that city to Greece. As an example, I found a flight from Naples, Italy to Frankfurt Germany for 0.01Euro (20Euro with all taxes). You can find dirt cheap inter-Europe flights if you are willing to search for them.
If you can find a cheap flind to London or Berlin, you can get a very cheap flight from there to Athens with www.easyjet.com or British Airways. Good luck, I hope you have a nice vacation. Check Olympic Airways too, I know it is sometimes expensive, but it is a safe company with good service
Definatly dont wait until you get closer to the date. It gets more expensive as you get closer everyday.



I'm looking to fly out to athens at the end of august and already the prices are ridiculous.



I've looked at www.cheapoair.com...had god prices.



You should look at booking tickets with Austrian Airlines...low prices.

If it's sold out...then look at Olympic airlines and the Alitalia.



Otherwise, call travel agencies and shop around for the cheapest prices. If you get a low price from one agency, call another and tell them the low price and then they will lower their price.



Good luck!!! Hope this helps!!



Let me kno how it goes! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment